
by Kathyrn Matthews from Epicurious.com
If you know me, you know that I love sweet potatoes. So, when Ben and I decided to make a two-person Thanksgiving feast in 2008, I knew that I had to find the perfect sweet potato recipe. After much searching through cookbooks and online, I came across the recipe below. I haven't altered it because it's great the way it is. Although it was our sweet potato masterpiece for Thanksgiving, when I made it at home for my family, we used it as a form of sweet potato fries. So clearly, it can go either way. Just make sure not to overcook this recipe. The picture above is from the first time that I made this recipe. They are slightly overdone, but delish!
Ingredients:
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick rounds
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves, plus 6 thyme sprigs for garnish (I have used dried as a substitute)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss. Arrange potato slices in single layer on heavyweight rimmed baking sheet or in 13x9-inch baking dish. Place on top rack of oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, about 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with thyme sprigs.
No comments:
Post a Comment